Sunday, July 25, 2010

flea market finds

We've had another busy and fun week over here, but still managed to fit in a trip to the local (op-shop that is). It's now such a part of our lives that Mini Blogger role plays op-shopping at home (I'm wondering if it will reach the point that I'll be paying to get my possessions back...).

Anyway, to the finds:


A wooden toy caterpillar - that broke before we left the store, but has since been repaired with cooking twine. They gave it to us for half price, which was nice considering we broke it!


Another apron - lovely orange gingham - for $1. I'm not sure about this recently discovered attraction to aprons - it doesn't exactly fit with my beliefs about the division of domestic labour - but they are so often pretty and so often cheap... (and, well, as I write this my husband is doing the dishes, so the aprons haven't done any harm so far!)


A gift from my mum (who is an op-shop volunteer - but in a different state), via my sister: a pretty floral pillowcase and a little pile of white ric rac.

Pop over to the lovely Sophie (so glad to see you back!) for more finds...

11 comments:

nadine paduart said...

aprons and their designs are so inspiring. i'm always wondering if perhaps similar designs can be sewn together to make a skirt. saves us the guilt of not standing in front of the range too often or long... :)))

Knicky Knacks said...

They just don't make those wooden pull toys like that anymore. Great find.

Makeminemidcentury said...

Fabulous finds! I laughed about the caterpillar.

Aprons are wonderful ... better to wipe hands on them than jeans.

I'd love to go opp-shopping, but with my four I'd leave with more than a broken caterpillar.

Thea said...

The wooden caterpillar is just precious.

mylittlebirdie said...

such a very cute caterpillar and i love that floral pillowcase. you're so lucky to have someone on the inside ; ) i'd give anything : )

PJ said...

Love the pattern on that pillowcase, it looks like a watercolour. Very pretty.

a.M. said...

Love the apron! They make nice window valances. :)

Steph said...

What yummy finds! That caterpillar is gorgeous. We broke something at our op shop this week too!! oops a daisy :) Hope you're having a wonderful start to your week :)

Cherie said...

Ohhh every one a gorgeous treasure! Hope you have a wonderful week.xo

Sarah@Dolls And Daydreams said...

That’s such a cute caterpillar … I adore wooden toys for my little one …. I just found my daughter a wooden pull giraffe … gotta love thrift stores!

Maxabella said...

I get the apron thing - I can't resist them either even though I just know that it's wrong on some fundamental feminist level. They are so pretty and so practical. I must say, though, that I've scared quite a few friends by forgetting to take one off and welcoming them into my home like a Stepford Wife. They are not sure it's me!!