Saturday, May 21, 2011

cushion swap - in and out



I was really nervous when I signed up for Vic's cushion swap - what if I stuff up my project and send my swap recipient a dud, or end up being really late sending it, and getting in trouble with Vic?

or... what if I really don't like the cushion I receive?

I think I've been lucky on both counts...


Here's the cushion I received - from the lovely Melissa. Isn't it amazing - and it fits our place perfectly. The big question is - do I add it to our vintage sheet bedding plans for our daughter's "big bed" - or do I keep it for myself? I'm keeping it for myself for a while as I make up my mind...

I was lucky with my swap recipient too - I got to spend some time "researching" on her lovely blog and checking out her Pinterest pics, and working out what she might like. I discovered that she loves books (and is fond of books arranged by colour order), likes flowers, and likes a bit of vintage...


so I made her a rainbow vintage floral bookshelf cushion! I really loved the process of making it, and found myself racing to finish it in excitement (instead of my normal hurrying to meet a deadline). I really hope she likes it too.

Thanks, Vic - this swap was fun!

21 comments:

Cate said...

they are both fab! You and your recipient ate both lucky!! Which reminds me...if I don't finish off the those last touches on my first PIF gift I'm going to get really stroppy with myself pretty soon :-)
have a great weekend
xxxCate

Jennie said...

I love both of these!
They are just gorgeous!!

Your vintage floral bookshelf is inspired. I love the book leaning against the others!xx

Amy said...

They are both gorgoues.

I am loving your bookshelf cushion. What an amazing, original idea. I have never seen one like it before. Awesome Job

tea with lucy said...

both cushions are absolute winners! great work girls. xo

melissa said...

Wow Catherine, youve got nothing to worry about, your cushion is beautiful! I love the idea of the books - its just perfect. lucky partner!

x

Jennie said...

That's gorgeous! What a great idea, combining the books block and vintage sheets.

Makeminemidcentury said...

I knew they were books straight away! How thoughtful of you. And brilliant work!

Melissa is one of my all-time favourite quilters (I don't know many. Quality rather than quantity is my mantra). You're very lucky to have some of her beautiful work.

teddybearswednesday said...

the cushion you made is gorgeous Catherine and I'm sure the recipient will LOVE it xo

gretbert said...

They are both beautiful, I would love either of them!

The Joyful Thrifter said...

Love those pillows!

Smiles,
The Joyful Thrifter

Anonymous said...

They are both lovely.

Christina Lowry said...

Two gorgeous cushions for sure! They would have worked really well together as well! :)

Anna Bartlett said...

How serendipitous to send and receive such a gorgeous pair! You must have been on a very similar colour wavelength. Beautiful cushions! It's been fun, hasn't it?

Kelly Casanova said...

Great cushions, how interesting that you both used similar colour schemes.

Cathie said...

wow, you have been lucky & both cushions are wonderful!
x

Vic said...

Oh I wouldn't say no to either of those, they are both wonderful! I love a happy swapper...! ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness me, both of those cushions are absolutely divine!

Anonymous said...

Lovely cushions. I love the book block idea.

Kylie said...

Wow! Your cushions are both very sweet. Well done you!

Jessica Lonard (The Crafty Librarian) said...

Thank you so much! I received my cushion yesterday, and it is amazing! I'm so lucky (^_^) Very thoughtful!

Gina said...

What great cushions! I think you did a splendid job on the bookshelf, I'm inspired to try something similar myself now. (and by 'now' I mean 'sometime this decade', though hopefully I will actually unpack the sewing machine soon!)

Great to get reacquainted yesterday Catherine - I think that outing was just the thing to get me back into commenting :)