Sunday, August 22, 2010

flea market find

Just popping in for a quick update with a little find to share - a suction cup egg cup! It's rather gorgeous, but I am yet to test out its stability with a real egg (the "cup" part and the base are both rubbery, so even when it's stuck in place, it wiggles a fair bit).

Seems appropriate to be thinking about something not-quite-stable today, doesn't it?

In other news, that tea towel is on its way to one of my husband's work mates (luckily he was game enough to initiate a "who likes Daniel Craig" conversation in real life - I wasn't), and I am trying hard not to bring home any more op shop bargains that I don't actually like...



5 comments:

Estelle said...

interesting egg cup idea.....I wonder how Ada would go with one of these babies? I love the wooden egg.

Cat said...

I love seeing what fun and clever, kitchy things people find. I like it with the wooden egg, a few of these on display would look cute.

Beck said...

Cute! I love googies with soldiers..mmm xo

Maxabella said...

The egg is lovely... I agree about the stability of the egg cup!

I love anything wooden in an organic curvy shape. I bet the egg feels nice in the palm. x

nadine paduart said...

it's cracked me up just now, imagening my egg wagging from one end to the other, yolk ablaze, you know? it is one beautiful cup though.