Thursday, August 18, 2011

my creative space


Sometimes the little projects are the most fun - especially for a scaredy cat like me who experiences anxiety when cutting into lovely big bits of fabric.

This week I took a scrap of fancy fabric (from the scraps box at Patchwork on Central Park), and patched up some holey, worn-out jeans...


and when that was a success, I grabbed a pair of too-short jeans, and added some Yardage Design gorgeousness to the bottom (OK, I admit I did have some anxiety cutting into this fabric, but managed to remind myself that gorgeous fabric is better out on display (even when it gets mud splattered) than hiding in a box!).

For more creative spaces ...


9 comments:

Cathie said...

i love that!!! I am so going to lengthen Aidans jeans! thanks Catherine ♥

teddybearswednesday said...

OOOH I love this idea!! Especially the jean lengthen idea ( though I have very short legs so I'm not sure ill have to lengthen anything!) and Nic's fabric goes perfectly with them xo

yardage girl said...

So cute and what a good idea! Glad you had the courage to chop - it's much nicer to see it used!

Vic said...

Ah, Enchino makes evvvvvvvvvvverything better....! Nice work!

Jennie said...

Snap!! I've half finished adding some fabric to the big Miss's jeans too!! They grow too fast!

Loving the Yardage Design on those!!

Cat said...

These look very cute Catherine. I have the same anxiety when I cut into fabric too:) Thanks for the idea I have some jeans for the little one I could try and lengthen them I hadn't given it a thought.

Bungalowgirl said...

Great job with both pairs. I have these skinny bean children who fit pants 2 sizes to small except for the length, great suggestion.

Andi said...

Love your work!!!

Brenda @ 13 Acres said...

ahhh i love it when you can sneak more wear out of kids clothes!!! They look like designer jeans now!!!