Sunday, May 23, 2010

Flea Market Finds

This is my first contribution to Flea Market Finds - and it might be a while before I have another, as our little home is now full to the brim - looks like I'll be trying to creatively find ways to make more space next!

My first 3 finds were from our local op-shops (one of which is part of our weekly after-playgroup ritual - a trip to the op-shop, then to the bakery for a scone!)

Some sweet fabric and a tablecloth...Two metres of beautiful upholstery weight fabric, already put to use - wrapped around an old folded quilt to make a comfy cushion for a "book nook"...And our most exciting find - 200 pieces of duplo (well, mostly duplo, with some imitation product included)! We spent the rest of the day cleaning the stuff (I'd suggest keeping plasticine and duplo separate as it's not fun to remove), then waited for dad to get home to try it out! This is "The Amazing Dr Seuss Staircase House"...
Today I treated myself to a real flea market experience - a trip to Camberwell Market, inspired by Kirsty. I exercised considerable restraint (while plotting to come back another day, maybe with my far-more-stylish sister), and came home with...

a part roll of sweet wallpaper...and a $3 Jacket for my girl (who was too excited to stand still). The bargain price made sense when I looked more closely and noticed a number of stains - but a pre-stained jacket might actually save us some stress and give us the freedom to have more messy fun!

One of the nice things about being in Camberwell this time of year is walking through the beautiful autumn leaves on the footpath, so my last "find" was free, but much appreciated...For more flea market fun, visit Sophie.

6 comments:

Steph said...

Yay! You came to play at Sophie's!! Love your finds. That Duplo is awesome...I can never find it anywhere!! Loving the idea of the prestained clothes. Why do I bother so much to get stains out of Bijou's clothes. Food for thought my dear. Hope you have a wonderful week :)

Tracey said...

Hello and welcome to Blogs-ville!!!
My name is Tracey and I'm pleased to meet you. I usually play Sophies meme, but was too tired today, just spent a while meandering through other peoples lovely finds. See you around :)

Cherie said...

Welcome to blog-land. Your finds are fabulous! Camberwell market is high on my wish list, one day, one day ;))

CurlyPops said...

Welcome to blogland!
I have to force myself to get up early enough to make it too Camberwell market one of these days.

Snooze said...

It's been so long since I made it to the Camberwell market ... and I have such fond memories. Such wonderful finds. It's amazinghow much fabric that can be found in op shops.

My Flea Market Find

PJ said...

All your finds were awesome, especially that wrapping paper and the duplo.