Sunday, September 19, 2010

flea market finds

As I mentioned yesterday, I had high hopes of getting through this year's hard waste collections without bringing anything home. Even though I love the idea of "saving" lovely things from landfill, I am trying hard to be practical in our little place, and focus on decluttering for a while...


Well, I almost managed...

then I saw this little table, good as new and a bit bigger than our current one. I'll now be able to set up one table for paint / mud pies / assorted messy fun, and another for eating, with a lot less time spent cleaning up. I also found a trike, not quite good as new, and probably unlikely to last until next year's hard waste, but good for now... and, since it stays outside, it's not really cluttering up our house, is it??


Then today, in a suburb far from home, I inadvertantly stumbled upon another hard waste collection, and found this doctor's bag 3 steps from our car as we walked to a cafe. I can't use the "outside" excuse, but it's a bag, so it's storage, right? Clutching a whole handful of straws right now...

For more lovely finds pop over to Sophies.

7 comments:

Makeminemidcentury said...

Three steps from your car? You're kidding ... the doctor's bag was IN your car ... it was yours anyway.

Your little person may end-up being a doctor so it's an investment in her future.

Knicky Knacks said...

I'm loving that justification from 'Make Mine Mid-Century'. I wholeheartedly agree. If someone has kicked it to the kerb, it was destined for a new and loving home.

CurlyPops said...

Three steps means that it was 'meant to be'... and therefore no clutter guilt necessary!

Maxabella said...

How on earth would you be expected to walk away from these three gems? You absolutely couldn't! All great finds. x

green tea and red nails said...

lovely!!

thanks for entering my giveaway :)

kel x

Allana said...

Great finds - very necessary I think ;)

Floss said...

Wow - I love your finds, and I also love your 'Reverse Finds' idea - it's one I need to adopt! I'm currently sitting surrounded by 'stuff' that has been taken out of our spaer bedroom to create a new room for our elder son. Some serious 'reverse finding' now needs to go on!