Tuesday, October 26, 2010

4 things... thanks Cath!

4 things I (almost) always carry
  1. lip balm
  2. eye drops
  3. a "miniscule muesli bar"
  4. a pencil - of the ikea kind

4 things that are in my bedroom
  1. a growing stack of vintage sheets (want to win a bit? see here...)
  2. unpainted walls (we got as far as stripping off the falling-apart wallpaper...)
  3. my sewing machine - on top of a tall cupboard
  4. a torch

4 things that I would like to do but haven't done yet
  1. go to Egypt
  2. get all the laundry done (OK, I know I must have done this at some stage in the past, but it seems a long time ago!)
  3. make pasta from scratch (idea from Megan, thank you!)
  4. paint our bedroom walls

4 things you don't know about me
  1. my dad is a Nobel Peace Prize winner (OK, slight overstatement - he's a member of an organisation - International Physicians for the Prevention of Nuclear War - that received the prize in the 1980's)
  2. I was once crowned (or "sashed" actually) Miss Junior Showgirl at our local agricultural show - the only time I went home from the show with more money than when I arrived...
  3. I was once hit in the eye(sorry Cath!) with a rubber band... at an Occupational Health and Safety Meeting... yes, I can see the funny side now!
  4. I love it when I get to take public transport (which is not every day, otherwise I'm sure my attitude would be different!). I love being able to read /think / relax and get somewhere at the same time!
4 things I often wonder

  1. what would be better - a bigger house, or less stuff? Currently trying for less stuff, which is proving to be hard work!
  2. whether my incredibly long winded - but generally accurate - answers to my daughter's questions about how things work are better or worse than one line explanations.
  3. how I got to the end of October without doing my tax - normally I have it done by the end of July...
  4. what's for dinner?
Thanks Cath for a fun meme, and a fun way to help us through the last few days of Blogtober...

2 comments:

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

eeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk- eyeball touching eeeee......
cool about your dad. nicve to get to know all those new bits about you! Thanks for playin'

zigsma said...

Less stuff! Less stuff! I do that every now and again and it feels wonderful.