Sunday, October 31, 2010

blogtober day 31 - the finish line


Just a quick note to say goodbye to Blogtober - it's been a challenge for me, though I think I did better than I expected (having just missed 1 day - in the final week!).

I've enjoyed writing posts about things I hadn't written about before, and learning new things (I'm really enjoying making animations now!). It's been nice to discover some new favourite blogs - and to meet a few lovely blog friends in real life too!

Right now, though, I think I'll be slowing down again for a little while, and enjoying the chance to blog when I have an idea, rather than being driven to find one - though I think I really benefited from that motivation too!

I've got a busy work month ahead - including presenting a paper at a conference, for the first time in years, so if I go missing for a while, don't worry - I'll probably just be using the dreaded Powerpoint instead of Blogger.

Best wishes, stay warm (or cool, depending on where you live!) and see you soon!

3 comments:

zigsma said...

Yes, it's been fun, but I'm glad it's over. What's your paper on? If you want to tell...

Make mine Mid-Century said...

I've enjoyed all your posts ... I'll miss you,

Your little daughter is so 'early 20th century' looking isn't she? She's got beautiful classical looks ... like a cherub.

It's late Catherine ... and I've been reading The Little Prince, when I shouldn't be!

becclebee said...

well done in making it through! i have always liked the idea of the challenge of blogtober, but am too intimidated by it. i think i'd run out of steam by the second week!

hope your powerpoint goes well, and that you get a bit of space to breathe too. and thanks again for the finger puppets and fabric. there was much hilarity at my birthday bbq as a friend and his daughter read out don't let the pigeon drive the bus together with the finger puppet! what fun!