Friday, October 29, 2010

animation friday - I made a skirt!

animated gif maker
Animated gif maker

It turned out I did get to make a skirt yesterday after all. Not out of sheets - they were needed for other pursuits - but from a top that had been travelling between my sisters, trying to find a body it fitted (it didn't). It got rescued from the op shop bag and, with just a bit of cutting, and a few minutes of sewing (and a few more minutes of unpicking - first to remove the zip, then to fix my first attempt at the casing), it became a skirt - hooray!

For more Animation Friday, see My Poppet.

9 comments:

Kate said...

LOVE the skirty animation!
Love that you did get to make a skirt yesterday and that it was from a non fitting anyone top. How fun!
have a great weekend.

Estelle said...

Ooh thats a bit cute, the fabric is lovely and it makes a very pretty skirt for Miss Pencils & Pins.

BTW I think that your bright green sheet from your previous post would have to be one of the best I've seen.

CurlyPops said...

Looks like the perfect tqirly skirt now!

CurlyPops said...

Whoops - that shoule be twirly!

Photography said...

Lovely fabric!! Really nice transformation :-)

Makeminemidcentury said...

Brilliant. Love a clever salvage story.

She's a cutie and looks like she loves it!

one yellow jumpsuit. said...

That's adorable.

I also love your wallpaper. xx

teddybearswednesday said...

Love it Catherine- both the animation and the skirt.
Clever chook xo

Anna Bartlett said...

That is great fabric for a top or a skirt - so glad your daughter loves it so much!